Presented By Rue & Ziffra
Captain’s Meeting: The Captain’s Meeting will be held Thursday, September 14th, 2023 @ the Fysh Bar & Grill from 5-8 pm. 1 member of your Team must be present. A copy of the rules will be given to each Team and reviewed during the Captain’s meeting.
- Tournament Saturday, September 16th (Rain Date September 23rd) Lines in at 6:30 am
- Sponsor & Activities 11a - 4p at Fysh Bar & Grill
- Weigh - In 2p - 4p at Carefree Boat Club docks next to Fysh Bar & Grill
- Awards Ceremony Tuesday, September 19th 6-p-8p at Fysh Bar & Grill
This inaugural inshore fishing tournament will provide a minimum of $6,500 in prize money and will be reasonably priced at $200.00 per registered boat & increased to $250.00 after that date. Tournament day activities will include community-focused educational programs for children through the Children Can Fish Too charity organization, which is part of the Halifax Sports Fishing Club. The charity will be the beneficiary of the sponsor raffle money. Sponsors will interact with event guests onsite and everyone in the area will be encouraged to learn about our area fishing options while enjoying a day of music and outdoor fun!
Fysh Inshore Slam Tournament Rules
Presented by Southern Stone Communications and HSFC
Date and Time: Saturday, September 16th, 2023. The Tournament begins at 7:00 am and ends at 3:00pm EST. All anglers must enter and be recognized by a Tournament official at the Weigh-In Station by 4:00pm EST.
Location: Fysh Bar & Grill – 3633 S. Ridgewood Ave, Port Orange, FL 32129.
Tournament Entry Fee(up to 3 Anglers): $200 per Boat
Captain’s Meeting: The Captain’s Meeting will be held Thursday, September 14th, 2023 @ the Fysh Bar & Grill from 5-8pm. 1 member of your Team must be present. A copy of the rules will be given to each Team and reviewed during the Captain’s meeting.
Eligibility: All Anglers must carry a valid FL Saltwater fishing license. Boats must follow all posted and unposted FL and USCG Laws and be equipped with the required safety equipment. All Anglers must fish with their registered Team and from the registered vessel.
Permitted Fishing Area: Each Team may fish in the intercoastal waterways. All vessels must stay inside the Ponce Inlet Jetty. If a vessel breaks the Eastern tip of the Ponce Inlet Jetty will be disqualified.
Fishing Methods: All fish must be caught during the Tournament hours by rod and reel. Artificial and “Natural”(Live or Frozen) bait may be used. Cast nets may be used to catch bait ONLY. No chumming.
Species Eligible and Legal Limits: Each Team may weigh 1 FISH per species.
- Trout (Spotted Seatrout) 15” min
Red Drum (Redfish) 18” min & 27” max * Photo on ruler provided.
- Flounder 14” min
Jack Crevalle no min. * Bonus weight (1.25 x fish weight)
- Weigh – In Station: The Weight-In Station will open at 2:00pm. All teams need to be checked in by a Tournament Official by 4:00pm at Fysh Bar & Grill. The Weigh Master has the right to inspect any fish brought to the Weigh Station. The Weigh Master’s decision is final. Only 1 fish per species, per boat, can be weighed in and counted towards your total Inshore Slam weight.
Prizes and Winners: The Top 3 Teams will be determined by the heaviest total weight of their 4 fish. A Bonus weight( 1.25 x fish weight) will be awarded to any Jack Crevalle weighed. The Red Drum(Redfish) will be a photo on the fish ruler provided. Standard Weights for the redfish are as follows: 27”= 7.0lbs, 26.5”= 6.50lbs, 26”=6.00lbs and ect. The photo of the redfish measurement will be sent to the weighmaster at 386-689-1416. The photo needs to have boat number, the redfish on the fish ruler provided by tournament. There will be an award given to the top Jr. Angler(15 and under) and an award will be given to the top Lady Angler.
- Tiebreaker: In the event of a tie, the Team with the earliest weigh in time will be awarded the winner.
- Protest and Winner Confirmation: All winning teams agree to adhere to the rules published in this document. The Tournament Director and Weigh Master have the right to examine any fish, with any means necessary, that they believe has been altered in any way. Any member of a team that receives a prize gives their consent, by his or her signature on the official tournament entry form, to a polygraph test and will abide by its conclusion. Any team or individual infractions to the tournament rules or FL Saltwater regulations will result in disqualification. A Protest must be presented to the Tournament Director within 15 minutes of the closing of the scales on Tournament Day. A $200 Cash deposit, refundable if the protest is upheld, must be presented to the Tournament Director. All decisions made by the Tournament Director and Weigh Master are FINAL.
- Recognition of Rules/Waiver and Liability/Photo Release: By signing the Official Entry Form, the entrants listed on the entry form acknowledge they have received the Official Tournament Rules and will adhere to them. The Captain and their team agree that their participation in the Fysh Inshore Slam Tournament is voluntary and agree to assume any risk that is associated with participating in the event. The captain and team release Fysh Bar & Grill, Southern Stone Communication and Halifax Sport Fishing Club and officials from any and all claims of damage and loss that may be a result of participation in the fishing tournament. The release is without limitation and includes the personal injury fees, attorney fees, and any other losses that might occur to the Captain and team.
Weighmaster’s contact: 386-689-1416